2 cups sifted flour
1 cup butter
1 cup pecans – finely chopped
1/2cup icing sugar – sifted
1tsp vanilla essence
1/4tsp almond essence
- Combine the flour, butter, pecans, icing sugar, salt, vanilla essence and almond essence
- Mix well with hands
- Wrap dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Form dough into 1” balls then roll each ball into a 2” roll. Ends should be narrow and middle flattened – form into curves.
- Set 1” apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15mins until cooked but not brown.
- Cool and apply a thick dusting of icing sugar.